The Airways Corporation was responsible for the provision of civil air traffic services to ensure an orderly and expeditious flow of air traffic within the New Zealand Flight Information Region. These services included air traffic control, ground services, flight information and training. An independent, commercial Board of Directors managed the Corporation.
- State Owned Enterprises Act 1986
- Civil Aviation (Security) Regulations 1953
- Civil Aviation Act 1990
- Civil Aviation Amendment Act 1992
- Civil Aviation Charges Regulations 1990
- Transport Accident Investigation Commission Act 1990